Thursday, October 29, 2015

Blog 10 - Interview 2 Reflection

 http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/interview-checklist-job-candidate-requirements-qualifications-must-possess-clipboard-including-experience-communication-35557311.jpg

1. Please explain how you are spending your mentorship time (Is it at a workplace or somewhere else?  Are you shadowing?  Are you able to do tasks that are meaningfully related to the topic?  If so, what?  Are there other people who are experts in the location?  Etc...)
 I'm working out with my mentor in his garage, on a rarer occasion we go to an MMA gym in Rancho Cucamonga. I don't know if practicing fighting is overly meaningful, but when my mentor talks about what the exercises do in terms of muscle development that helps. There isn't really many at they gym who can be considered an expert there are only a few classes in the gym and even then they're closed off to those who join them.

2.  How did you find your mentor?  How did you convince this person to help you?   
 Back in the summer of 2012 my parents wanted me to learn how to defend myself since I was going to be entering high school. And so my uncle recommended us to one of his friends who was a professional MMA fighter. I asked him and he seemed willing, however since he got a new job he really hasn't really has enough time to meet for much. 


3. How would you rate your comfort level with your mentor at this point in your relationship?  How does this relate to the time you've spent so far at mentorship/with this person
 I'm rather comfortable with my mentor as a person, however as a mentor he makes me kinda nervous because he doesn't a lot of time for me..

4. What went well in this interview?  Why do you think so?  What do you still need to improve?  How do you know?  How will you go about it?


 At this time I haven't been able to interview anyone I plan to keep pestering the 24 Hour Fitness by my home just to see if I can talk to anyone in regards to fitness. I've tried to contact my mentor since interview #2 was introduced but it usually was only responded to "I'll text you back later" and last week I told him that time was running out for me to interview him but then he told me that he couldn't this week because he wanted to spend time with his kids for the few days before and on Halloween. I know interview 2 is supposed to be with the mentor that is why I didn't ask other people for interviews. However, Mr. Rivas said for me to try and interview anyone to get it in so at the moment I am still trying to get in contact with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment